We Respect Your Privacy
In order to provide you with the highest standard of care, Lipoedema Surgical Solution is required to collect personal information from you. The information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number, but it is also necessary for Dr Lekich to obtain details regarding your general health and past medical history. Without this general health information, Dr Lekich is unable to plan your care properly
Naturally, some of this information is regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not something that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, we would like to assure you that:
- The information will only be used by the treating Doctor in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information at other times.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there may be fees levied to cover the costs associated with processing this request or copying of information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
In Lipoedema Surgical Solution’s efforts to share expertise and knowledge, individual case studies are posted to the Lipoedema Surgical Solution website and other forums, including lectures to other, patients, specialists and discussion groups. These case studies are completely de-identified. If you would prefer to have your de-identified treatment excluded from case studies, please notify Dr Lekich.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your records, please do not hesitate to contact us.